2.13.2006

Easter Bunny


I was shopping for some Valentine's candy on Saturday... Mind you, it was still four days before St. Valentine's Day at that point... And I was shocked to find that there was no Valentine's candy left, just half an empty shelf. I asked the clerk if they had moved it to a different location in the store, and they said that the Valentine candy had to be cleared out to make room for Easter.

Since, for most people, Easter seems to have lost all religious value, maybe we should just combine the two holidays so everyone can relax a bit. We can pass out plastic eggs with conversation hearts in them, or maybe little bunny shaped cards that say, "I'm 'hopping" you'll be my Valentine." I'm not sure how Marshmallow Peeps will figure in to the equation, but someone should make sure they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Funny T-Shirts