6.13.2007

Purple Fish Lady

I thought I'd break my self imposed ban on new drawings and post this little beauty.... A fish of questionable genus, but I do believe she's of a salt water nature. I designed her for a feature script I am working on... Maybe someday you'll see her on the big screen.... If you do, contact me immediately! It means someone stole my idea!

You see, I specialize in working on films that never seem to be released. Well, at least not in the U.S. I think my company feels it will drive up the demand if we just finish a film and shelve it for five or six years. It is my fervent dream to one day work on a project and be able to tell my parents they can BUY a copy of it at Target. So, is making art it's own reward? For me.. No. I want people to ENJOY something I created!

Why am I on this rant? Maybe I need a glass of milk or something. Who knows. Take care, everyone! See you next time!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

cute illo!!

Michelle Lana said...

she's perfect!!!

Tim Bye said...

I love the colours - the background really enhances the picture! Super

P A R I D H I.P said...

hey this character is awsome and u know what ,belive in ur dreams and they will come true...
waiting for u r movie to come on big screen men.
and soon ur parents will BUY a copy of it at Target.

All the best.
And keep up.

Ken Chandler said...

I shall never understand the Baker mentality. Having worked for him and his sister both, I can say that without hesitation. Shelving a project when it could be making money is a flat-out bad idea. Not making your work available to the public in general is a crime. Glad you're posting Adrian! She's lovely! If I were a fish I'd have such a huge crush on her. But I'm not. So I don't.

I hope Mr. Baker changes his mind about the whole shelf thing. I'd like to see Princess made available in my lifetime.

S.T. Lewis said...

What? How did I not comment on this one before? I could have sworn I left a comment. Stupid me. I love this fish, and I love the colors (including the colors used for the water that I never would have thought of but that look really nice). If fish can be considered attractive, this is one. Nice work, man.

Dan Shultz said...

Beautiful work.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Fabulous work !!

Anonymous said...

hey u yeah u what do u think u doing drawing a amazing fish

Funny T-Shirts