7.21.2006

Ar! It's My Fiftieth Post, Matey!

Well, I saw Pirates 2 last weekend, and I thought it was a fun time. I'm not sure it recaptured all the charm that the first outing had, but it was definitely enjoyable.

I was quite impressed with the effects on Davy Jones. Some of the best CG animation I've seen in a live action film. I especially enjoyed it when he played the organ with his tentacles. Cool stuff...

Well, anyway, ToonClub's topic this week was "Pirates", so I had an opportunity to put my own slant on the character. Have a nice weekend, and thanks for your wonderful comments and support. You've made this a blog an enjoyable and rewarding experience.

6 comments:

S.T. Lewis said...

This is very cool, Adrian. And if you had designed it several years ago, you'd have a lot more money right now. Nice color and all. Very nicely done.

GhettoFab said...

stumbled across your blog and lovin that I did! Fantastic characters! Bookmarked and I hope you dont mind a link...

Afroman said...

those are some great looking tentacles...Arrr (means very nice image)

Adrian Ropp said...

Shane - I'm looking into legal action. Stay tuned....

Ghettofab - Thanks for stopping by. Your link has been returned in kind.

Afroman - I though Arrr meant very GOOD image, but let's not quibble over symantics.

Kevin Keele said...

Congrats on the fiftieth post, and the awesome drawing!

Nora said...

Awesome portrait of Davey Jones! I argee that the cgi on davey was impressive. happy fiftieth post! :)